Are you getting ready to open your pool? Read this first and this year let’s prevent discolored water!
1. Fill your pool using a Pre-Filter to filter out minerals…DON’T SHOCK!
2. Add Poolife Stain Stop at the rate of 16oz. per 10,000 gallons of pool water. This will help prevent any scale formation from hard water and prevent staining due to metals…DON’T SHOCK!
3. Balance water: pH 7.2 to 7.6 and Total Alkalinity 80-120. Balancing your pH and Alkalinity will prevent the calcium in your water from dropping out of solution and depositing scale on your pool surface and your equipment! This helps ensure a long life for your equipment too…DON’T SHOCK!
4. Backwash or clean filter, if needed…DON’T SHOCK!
5. Once water is balanced to the ideal range and pool has been running for at least 24 -48 hours since adding Poolife Stain Stop… Now you SHOCK! Add OP Shock IT at the rate of 1-gallon per 10,000 gallons of pool water. If possible, bring us in a water sample as well.
6. Continue to run your pump and filter 24/7.
7. Remember to use the Pre-Filter on your garden house each time you add water to your pool and add a maintenance dose of Poolife Stain Stop!
If you have more questions about preventing discolored water or scale formation in your pool give us a call!